Date:      Sun, 28 May 2006 16:25:58 +0100
From:      Aren Olvalde Tyr <aren.tyr@gawab.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Missing devs...

--nextPart5062300.CfRJVJdgTE

Hi
> So now to my question! How do I avoid this dual mounting?

I have the same problem with my memory card reader.=20

The necessary da1s1 device node slice for my SD memory card is not created=
=20
until after it has been probed during the attempt to mount it. The only=20
exception to this is if the card is already inserted when the system first=
=20
boots up.

Presumably there must be a way to automatically probe the USB device/card a=
nd=20
create the slice so you can mount it when it is first inserted?

I am wondering if /etc/usbd.conf would be of assistance here. Can you get t=
he=20
usbd daemon to automatically "probe" a device for filesystem slices during=
=20
the "attach" stage?

Aren.