Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:53:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bob K <melange@yip.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        David Dawes <dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Promise FastTrack PCI IDE controller

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Søren Schmidt wrote:

[snip]
> Yep I know, the chipset on the Promise is not initialized to what the
> drives support then, its working in a slow (but always working though)
> mode. I did plan to change this, and even got the docs for the chips
> but it has sunken pretty low on the TODO list lately...
[snip]

Having one of these cards sitting in my desk after buying it mail-order
and finding out afterwards that it wasn't supported, I for one would be
exceedingly happy if support for the FastTrack was added.  I'd be willing
to test patches for people, but I'll have to bring the system up to date,
which will probably take a day or two.

melange@yip.org - For external use only.