Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 2009 06:59:08 +0100
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@bsd.hu>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Preferred mouse/keyboard settings?

Hello Warren,

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 04:21:12PM -0700, Warren Block wrote:
> What are the recommended settings for mouse and keyboard with the new
> xorg?

For me, they are precisely the opposite: moused on and "AllowEmptyInput"
set to "off". Hald does not work at all for me; after startup, it just
spins taking up 100% CPU time. And anyway, I do not use any software
that would profit from it.

I am running on -CURRENT however, this may complicate the issue
somewhat.

I am also still using an older config file, and I am not sure I could do
without; I need the option "NoTiling" for the intel driver, otherwise it
falls back to software-based rendering even for 2D and uses an SW
cursor, which is just not good (TM).

I have a 855GM graphic chip.
--
Regards: