Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:44:48 -0400
From:      "Jean-Paul Natola" <jnatola@familycareintl.org>
To:        "John Nielsen" <lists@jnielsen.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Upgrade from 5.5  to 5.5

On Thursday 21 June 2007 03:18:32 pm Jean-Paul Natola wrote:
> I just finished ( what I thought was an upgrade) to 6.0
>
> Only to find after I rebooted that I was still at 5.5
>
> I did it via sysinstall- it said upgrade successful reboot -
>
> And when I did I was back at 5.5
>
> Obviously , I missed something just not sure what/where
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated

Since you mention sysinstall I'm assuming you were attempting a binary=20
upgrade. Please provide more details, including (but not limited to):

Did you boot from an install CD (or other media) or did you run =
sysinstall=20
directly from the running system?

What media did you select from sysinstall? (FTP, CDROM, etc)

Did you go in to the sysinstall options screen and change the version =
string=20
(or notice what it was)?

If you did use a CD, where did it come from and what version is it?
(followup:=20
are you sure?)

JN

I upgraded from the running system,  I used passive ftp , I selected =
minimal
install, and just chose a an ftp server to download from