Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2000 08:10:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/16413: klyx port fails to compile

The following reply was made to PR ports/16413; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
To: Rod Taylor <junk@zort.on.ca>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:05:45 -0500 (EST)

 RT> Compiles and installs here (3.4-stable).
 RT> Is it fixed for you as well?

 Last I tried was about a week ago.  I had to manually re-run klyx'
 configure script and tell it to use gcc295.  But then I ran into the
 issue that my libqt.so is compiled with gcc, and the name mangling
 conflicted so it wouldn't link.

 I'm running make on klyx right now (just finished cvsup) and it seems
 to be updating my kdelibs and my qt... perhaps it will work now?
 We'll see...  it is building qt with g++295 I hope that doesn't kill
 KDE for me.  Nope, looks like it made libqt.so.3 to save my
 skin... excellent!

 I'm suspecting it will work now since has rebuilt everything using
 g++295 for me...  Yep.  Looks like it worked out OK now.  Thanks to
 whomever updated it to compile on 3.4-STABLE.