Date:      Wed, 02 Jun 2004 21:51:45 -0700
From:      OpenMacNews <freebsd-ipfw.20.openmacews@spamgourmet.com>
To:        freebsd-ipfw <freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
Subject:   Re: does NATd _prevent_ use of stateful ipfw rules w/ keep-state?

> and given that there are alternatives packet filters,
> i suggest people to use them if they are not happy with the
> performance of natd or the complexity of writing a working
> configuration with belt and suspenders

for *BSD, yes there are other options ...

just fyi, ipfw is the only available in-kernel option on OSX (I'm also implementing there as well).  rumor has it that Apple is considering a move to ipfw2, but for now that's all there is.

but i'm happy to learn/work through getting it done w/ natd, etc. per your suggestion.  hence, my _still_open_ questions to this list ...

richard