Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 1997 11:26:11 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdchat@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux faster thasn FreeBSD

>  > There seems to be something weird with Afterstep 1.0, XFree86 3.3.1 and
>  > possible Netscape. :(
> I'd strongly suspect Memscape, er, Netleak, er, Netscape.  Nice effort,

hmm...

i'm not sure which program it is, but rather than suspecting netscape
this time, i'd point my fingers to afterstep...

i use xf86 3.3.1 and s3, afterstep 1.0 and netscape 4b8, and when i use
xv, after a while, by restarting the afterstep i'm getting mucho swap
freed...

the only time i ran out of swap happened when i forgot to restart, and
had some 3 xv's running simultaneously...

ofcourse, netscape tells me often, also in another machine where i use
s3v, that it's out of mem, i need to free up some (like it'd be on
windows machine), but all it's using is about 24 megs, and i have like
all the swap available, and some ram too...

mickey