Date:      Wed, 03 Oct 2007 07:35:19 -1000
From:      NetOpsCenter <noc@hdk5.net>
To:        Alter Ego <alter-ego@ua.fm>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How setup modem ZTE AC8700. It is no have driver for UNIX

Alter Ego wrote:

>Hi !
>

> Dear friends. Sorry for my english.
>

> I am very need to setup and work in FreeBSD 6.2 (for example)
> on my modem ZTE AC8700 (this is 3G modem)
>

> This modem have drivers ... only for windows (suck)
> Can you help me, and say - can i use this modem
> without drivers ... OR maybe i can use it with ... hmmm ...
> another driver.
>

> What you think about this ?
>

> Best Regards,
> Dj Alter Ego

Aloha,

Is this DSL?

I have 2 DSL lines here. Neither use drivers. 1 is an 8  ATM Circuit
with 5 separate IP addresses. I configured each box to an  IP in the
series and  the common ATM gateway IP. You can put a firewall/router
between the Modem and the Computers or on each computer separately.

The second line is a 3M/768 and goes into a Freesco Firewall/Router
which I set for the local lan IP and the Gateway IP of the ISP and the
dedicated IP of the line for my circuit.

Neither needed drivers. I belive the Modem may have to be set to Bridge
mode in some installs if the modem is not one that does both.

  + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org + noc@hdk5.net +
  + http://internetohana.org   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* +