Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 10:23:54 -0600
From:      Alain Fabry <fabry@panam.edu>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems connecting to SAMBA

I'm running SAMBA on a FreeBSD 2.2.2 and can connect from the FreeBSD machine to itself using smbclient.
Whenever I go to another win95 machine, I cannot connect to the name of the FreeBSD machine.
When I do a net use j: \\FreeBSD-ip-address\Homedir, I get a response and it asks for a password.
For some reason, it does not accept the password and gives me that the network name cannot be found.
Also, the machine name does not appear in the win95 network neighborhood.
What could be the problem and how can I solve it?
Thanks,

Alain

Alain Fabry
Senior LAN Admin
The University of Texas - Pan American (COSERVE)
1201 W. University Dr.
Edinburg, Tx 78539