Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 00:46:51 -0200
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Udo Schweigert <Udo.Schweigert@siemens.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/32341: maintainer-update of mail/mutt-devel

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 05:41:56PM +0100, Udo Schweigert wrote:
> And here is an updated patch, reflecting the most recent changes to
> Mk/bsd.port.mk and thus using the new AUTO{CONF,MAKE} variables.
>
> Now the port again uses USE_AUTOMAKE_VER which in turn calls AUTOMAKE, but
> there is no other way of getting ACLOCAL to be defined (ACLOCAL is the
> only part of AUTOMAKE which is really needed)

	Hummm, I see your problem. You need automake installed but
you don't want USE_AUTOMAKE to run it for you..... Since no ports
use the new variables yet.  WE can discuss a change in the behavior.
Although, I am not sure whether it is a good idea.
	What do people think? Should USE_AUTOMAKE_VER select and
install the correct dependency as well as set the appropriate
ACLOCAL/AUTOMAKE variables but run automake unless USE_AUTOMAKE is
set? Of course, we would do the equivalent move in USE_AUTOCONF_VER...
:)
	Don't know, I'm not sure I want this since it will make
these incompatible with POLA but this should be be brought since
it does give interesting possibilities. POLA is for our benefit not
meant as a straight jacket.

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer