Date:      Sat, 27 Jul 2002 17:28:50 -0500
From:      David J Duchscher <daved@tamu.edu>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mpd pptp help

On Saturday, July 27, 2002, at 04:24 PM, Archie Cobbs wrote:

> This is happening because the two endpoints are encrypting/decrypting
> with different keys (or different algorithms).
>
> I know of at least one Mac client that was broken (I think that it was
> doing 'stateless' mode incorrectly, but don't remember the details).

Well, DigiTunnel doesn't like stateless not being turned on so that is
probably what you are remembering.  I have no idea what PiePants is
doing.
Guess you get what you pay for.

> If you can scrounge up a Microsoft PPTP server and try your Mac client
> against it, that would show whether the Mac client is to blame (assuming
> the same MPPE options were negotiated).

Yea, thought of that but unfortunately, haven't been able to think of
somebody
with a real PPTP server for me to try things against. :(

> Try also playing with the key length, turning 'stateless' mode on/off,
> etc.

Good to hear I was playing with the right options.  Key length didn't
make a
difference.  By luck, last night I discovered that DigiTunnel needed
stateless
enabled.  Copy and paste errors can sometimes be helpful.

Overall, this has been very easy package to get going and been very
stable for
me. I appreciated all the work you have done on making this available
and the
help you have provided.

DaveD