Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:59:51 +1000
From:      "Chris Knight" <chris@aims.com.au>
To:        <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        "'FBSDQ'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <jtollison@multipro.com>
Subject:   RE: Frontpage Server Extensions version 5

Howdy,

I got exactly the same error as Jeff when I upgraded a modified
apache13-modssl with FrontPage extensions (Apache 1.3.17, mod_ssl
2.8.0, FrontPage 4.0.4.3) to the latest apache13-modssl. I then
needed to add mod_frontpage and frontpage5 ports to get back my
FrontPage extensions.
What I posted below was a quick hack. I went back and found the
cause of the problem. The problem is that the mod_frontpage port
runs a perl script (Makefile.PL) getting a directory listing of
the DocumentRoot directory. In my case, it was missing the uid of
the directory. A patch to mod_frontpage can be found at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports%2F39686
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Chris Knight
Systems Administrator
AIMS Independent Computer Professionals
Tel: +61 3 6334 6664  Fax: +61 3 6331 7032  Mob: +61 419 528 795
Web: http://www.aims.com.au