Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 13:08:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      George Uhl <uhl@mamba-e.gsfc.nasa.gov>
To:        freebsd-atm@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Is ATM supported in 2.2.7-RELEASE anymore?

Forgive me for crossposting Jordan, but I sent the original
message to freebsd-atm first, got no response and then sent
it to freebsd-questions.  I feel I owe a follow-up to both
lists.

I found out why my ATM card wasn't being probed.  Apparently
when I upgraded from 2.2.6 to 2.2.7 one file was missing and
atm-related declarations we missing out of other files.

--
Missing File:

net/netisr.h

Missing Entries:

  out of /sys/conf/files:

net/if_atmsubr.c        optional atm
netinet/if_atm.c        optional atm
netnatm/natm_pcb.c      optional natm
netnatm/natm_proto.c    optional natm
netnatm/natm.c          optional natm
pci/if_en_pci.c         optional en device_driver
pci/midway.c            optional en device_driver

  out of /sys/sys/socket.h - reference to ATM items missing:

address family definition for native atm (AF_NATM)
native atm entry in CLT_NET_NAMES
--

I was able to build a kernel that probed for the ATM card after
I made the corrections. So I thought that I probably screwed up

I decided to get a fresh set of kernel source files for 2.2.7-
RELEASE from ftp.freebsd.org.  When I unpacked the sources from the
distribution files to my utter amazement I could not find any
references to ATM in any file anywhere in the source tree.  There
were no ATM drivers in the /sys/pci subtree and the native atm
subtree /sys/netnatm was missing.

What happened to the ATM code?

George Uhl
NASA GSFC