Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 21:52:48 +0430 (IRDT)
From:      Amin Omidzadeh Khosrowshahi <amin@sharif.edu>
To:        Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        Andrey Simonenko <simon@comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UDMA100 .

Well, I'm already working with FreeBSD 4.0 but I couldn't find it. I'll
upgrade it to 4.3 to see the latest changes.
I'm going to install 4 ATA100 Quantom HardDisks on a Gigabyte GA-7ZXR
Mainboard with 512Mbytes RAM and a 1.3GHz Athlon processor which will
serve around 2000-3000 users. I will use this Mainboard's RAID-0
technology plus UDMA100 to get the highest read/write performance.
All of the users are curious students, so I pretend to see lots of
cracking and hacking activities on the system. I've chosen FreeBSD
because of its stability and reliability comparing to Linux though
it's harder to use for the end user. I am an expert Linux
administrator/user but my experience with FreeBSD is not that much.
If you have any special point, I'd be grateful to use your experiences.

--
Amin Omidzadeh Khosrowshahi
Sharif University of Technology