Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:14:47 +0000
From:      elbbit <elbbit@gmail.com>
To:        Robert Bonomi <bonomi@mail.r-bonomi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject:   Re: Any package for surveys?

On 28/01/11 16:26, Robert Bonomi wrote:

Robert, I appreciate you taking the time to reply.  I am not the only
one who is interested in this argument.

>>> And you think it's OK to *STEAL* other people's resources to get
>>> "your" message out, apparently.
>> Hmm.  Stealing.  Taking without consent.  Consent from whom?  The network
>> operator?  According to the Debian website: "There are many world-open
>> mailing lists, meaning anyone can read everything that is posted, and
>> participate in the discussions. Everyone is encouraged..." - Under the
>> heading Introduction: http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/
>
> Yes, *STEALING*.  When you 'hijack' the resources the mailing-list owner/
> operator has provided _for_a_specific_purpose_, for somethin *unrelated*
> to that purpose, you _are_ stealing.

I would like to invite the mail list administrator to participate in
this discussion (if desired) and clarify for all whether this argument
is "OK."  If it is not "OK," I request some clarification.

>>> Doing what you did is *expressly* against The AUP of your hosting
>>> services provider, Webfusion, Ltd.
>>> <http://www.123-reg.co.uk/terms/aup.shtml>;
>> Yes.  Words.  Somehow, it is commonly accepted that just because
>> something is written in words that it is "right."  My emails challenge
>> that.
>
> You _agreed_, _contractually_, to abide by those 'words' when you signed
> up for services with that provider.  They 'took your word' that you were
> telling the truth.  Do not be surprised if you find that they choose not
> to do any further business with you when they find out you -lied- to them.

In fact, I did not agree to that.  The agreement is between me and
another company who I obtain the service from.  Obviously, the company
you mention are the ones who provide the actual service, and the brand I
used is clearly a middle-man.  If they are in violation, I do not know
about it.  Still, this is irrelevant as it has nothing to do with my
ability to post to these lists.

>>> That said, you've _made_ your rules, and now *you8 get to live by them.
>> I do not understand this statement.  Please clarify.
You didn't clarify.

>>> Russian brides, pharmaceutcals, watches, lottery winnings, money
>>> sharing, and whatever else people decide is 'too important' for
>>> _you_ not to be informed of.
>> You see, the people who raise awareness of their product or service are
>> after one thing - to increase the number which is displayed on their ATM
>> machine.  I do not want money.  I do not promote a service or product. In
>> fact, I promote an IDEA - the notion that we can abandon money
>> altogether.
>
> So What?  If you believe you can decide what is 'appropriate' for for _my_
> mail box, others can do the same for *yours*.
No, that's not what I am saying.  Everyone has the right to control what
appears in their mail box.  Only by raising awareness of the possibility
that a world without money can exist will it ever come to fruition, and
by speaking or writing to others on this planet I am able to let them
know they can still educate themselves.

>>> But, then, you're a spammer.
>> Try not to think of me as someone different.
>
> You _are_ different.  *PROVEN* by your actions.
I am the same as you.  We are both sending mail to these lists, and we
are discussing.  Your actions are not that different from mine.

> And someone I do -not_ care to associate with.
Then don't reply to my emails.

>>                                               I am someone the same.
> Demonstratably incorrect.
Thank you for teaching me to expand the context of my sentences.  I
value when people teach me the error of my ways, and I do not see it as
damaging to my ego.  Instead, I feel enlightened, knowing full well that
I am now aware of what I was doing wrong, and I can make a change inside
of me.

Simon

--

elbbit