Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:15:16 -0800
From:      Pat Lashley <patl+freebsd@volant.org>
To:        Sangwoo Shim <ssw@neo.redjade.org>, Pierre-Luc Drouin <pldrouin@pldrouin.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCP/IP over USB

--On Wednesday, December 15, 2004 18:12:57 +0900 Sangwoo Shim <ssw@neo.redjade.org> wrote:

>> I would like to establish a TCP/IP connection over USB between my
>> FreeBSD box and my PDA (Sharp Zaurus SL-6000L) that has a USB host port.
>> I've read that udbp can be used for this purpose, but I have not found
>> enough information about it to be able to use it. Could someone explain
>> me how this can be done?
>
> FYI, I've talked to YOPY PDA(also StrongArm-based linux PDA) using
> udbp + ng_eiface (with minor hack, namely, add DEVICE/VENDOR ID.)
> This combination seems to be compatible with linux's usbnet
> implementation. But I've told Zaurus doesn't use standard arm linux kernel..
> I think you should hack ng_eiface to set the communication.

For another alternative, try:

	http://www.gank.org/freebsd/cdce.tar.gz

Unpack it anywhere, then cd to that directory (as root) and:

	make
	make install
	kldload if_cdce

Then plug in the cable from your Zarus - you should wind up with
a cdce0 device that you'll need to ifconfig.  (You can add an entry
to usbd.conf to do that automatically.)

I downloaded a copy to use with my YOPY.  (I needed to add a config
line and the #define statements; but that's all it took.  For anyone
trying this with their own YOPY, leave off the CDCE_ZAURUS flag from
the YOPY config line.)

Now that that's out of the way, Sangwoo, could you post the details
of your dubp + ng_eiface solution?  I might want to switch to that.

-Pat