Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 2004 12:25:12 +0100
From:      "Wolfgang Frick" <blackcreed@gmx.net>
To:        "'Ricardo Oliva'" <ricardo@zoology.ubc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   AW: Problem with quotas on 4.10

Ok,

FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE with the sources from October 26

Ricardo, you are in every point right. When I first make quotaoff,
there is no problem. but when I change for example the owner of the file
as root, in the directory, where I have enabled quotas for the user, the
process hangs, and I can't do anything more in this directory, where I
have enabled quotas.
What I did is:
- I enabled quotas in kernel -> made a new kernel
- I enabled quotas in rc.conf, edited my fstab -> reboot
- I set quotas with edquota for a test user -> reboot (not needed, but I
did it)
- I tested it with ftp, and if I uploaded more than quota allows he said
me, you are over quota, so quota works!
- But, the user is not over quota, has a quota limit of 100MB (100000
KB) and I copy as root a file (2 MB) to his folder, and I just would
change the owner of the file to him, the chown process hangs, with state
"chkdq1" in "top".
Please try the same, and report me your result.
When I do the same with FreeBSD 5.3 it works, I can do anything and
nothing hangs!

Sorry, but that's all, I have nothing more for information and sorry for
my bad english.

- Wolfgang

0