Date:      Wed, 7 Apr 1999 20:07:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      Steve Grandi <grandi@noao.edu>
To:        Markus Stumpf <maex-freebsd-hackers@Space.Net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: squid and FreeBSD (was: Re: Nice FreeBSD mention)

Have you tried the undocumented config file option:

options		"NO_SWAPPING"

which turns off swapping completely (paging still works).  John Dyson
suggested this to me when I was having trouble with a system that would
crash during an INN expire almost every night (it turns out that I had
messed up /etc/login.conf and had really low limits on the news user that
caused expire to thrash horribly).  Nevertheless I kept this option in the
2.2.x kernel for over a year until upgrading to 3.1.

Steve Grandi, National Optical Astronomy Observatories/AURA Inc., Tucson AZ USA
Internet: grandi@noao.edu  Voice: +1 520 318-8228