Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:08:45 +0100
From:      Antony T Curtis <antony@abacus.co.uk>
To:        Graham Wheeler <gram@cequrux.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Framebuffer driver?

Graham Wheeler wrote:

> Anyway, my question is this: is anyone working on a similar frame buffer
> driver for FreeBSD?

I've written a VESA framebuffer XFree86 3.3.6 driver - it uses the VESA
SysCons KLD.

FreeBSD also has a VESA framebuffer console driver (which I am also
using on my Compaq notebook) but the font it uses and how it's
configured only gives you an 80 column display - I'm sure it wouldn't be
hard to modify it...

--
ANTONY T CURTIS                     Tel: +44 (1635) 36222
Abacus Polar Holdings Ltd           Fax: +44 (1635) 38670