Date:      Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:53:45 +0300
From:      Vladimir Terziev <vladimir.terziev@sun-fish.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tunneling HTTPS with Squid

	Hi all,

	I have the following prolem:

	Our ISP makes audit of all web traffic going to our servers in order to prevent different kind of attacks against them. The ISP then forwards the traffic which is clean using Squid.
	Our web application needs to know the client computer IP in order to make different kind of checks.
	When HTTP traffic is forwarded with Squid all is ok, because the proper X-FORWARDED-FOR header is set and we are able to identify the request issuer. When Squid forwards HTTPS traffic to us, situation is different, because the only IP which we are able to "see" is that one of the Squid server.
	Now, my question ... is there a way to instruct Squid to create some kind of tunnel and to forward the HTTPS traffic through it?

	10x in advance!

		Vladimir