Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 1999 21:11:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tani Hosokawa <unknown@riverstyx.net>
To:        Mark Ovens <markov@globalnet.co.uk>
Cc:        Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Amusing: LinuxCountry site runs on FreeBSD :)

On a semi-related note, Business 2.0 had a little article on Y2K stuff
in their June issue...

"Thomas Edwards isn't worried about Y2K.  Why should be be?  The Sync, a
Laurel, MD.-based Internet broadcasting company he founded, likely won't
notice the date change.  The Sync's array of FreeBSD Unix servers will
survive New Year's eve with no problems, Edwards predicts.  "I don't think
it's a major problem.  You should just back up everything," he says.

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Mark Ovens wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 16, 1999 at 08:30:26PM +0200, Len Conrad wrote:
> > I see where the "*nix effect" has landed FreeBSD on the
> > wwww.serverwatch.com Top 15 Downloads!
> >
> > http://serverwatch.internet.com/top15.html
> >

> Did you read their review of it?
>
> 	"FreeBSD 3.2 -- Is it the perfect Internet server operating
> 	system? As close as it comes."
>
> 	"Why is FreeBSD such a popular choice for industrial-grade
> 	Web serving, even though it's an operating system built to
> 	run on Intel-based PCs? Bottom line? It's because FreeBSD
> 	is known for having one of the fastest TCP/IP stacks in
> 	the operating-system world."
>

> 	"FreeBSD combines a full set of open-source tools (like
> 	Apache) with a solid base to provide the best pure Web
> 	serving on the Internet."
>
> Can we get get a link to it at
> http://advocacy.freebsd.org/ammunition/press.html ?
>
> > Len