Date:      Fri, 27 Jun 2003 07:50:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Paul Boehmer <paul@pboehmer.com>
To:        freebsd_deamon@gmx.net
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mplayer; ATI grafic card; -vo / -vop

Have you tried:

mplayer -vo x11 movie.avi

or simply run:

mplayer -vo help

and get a list of output options.  This is all documented in the mplayer
man page, and in fact, is outputed in your mplayer attachment:

vo: X11 running at 1024x768 with depth 8 and 8 bpp (":0.0" => local
display)
It seems there is no Xvideo support for your video card available.
Run 'xvinfo' to verify its Xv support, and read Xv section of
DOCS/video.html !
See 'mplayer -vo help' for other (non-xv) video out drivers. Try -vo x11

As a side note, you might want to change your X config and increase your
bit depth (DefaultDepth), as 8 bit video output is not going to be that
pretty.

Hope this helps

--
Paul Boehmer