Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:32:46 -0500
From:      David Brodbeck <dbrodbeck@ameritech.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Trouble with SMC2602W wireless card

I bought an SMC2602W wireless PCI card, based on it being listed in the
FreeBSD Handbook as supported.  However, I can't get the system to
recognize it.  I get this in dmesg:

pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x1317, dev=0x8201) at 8.0 irq 12

I'm running 4.6.2-RELEASE.  Do I need to upgrade to a more recent release?

Any suggestions?  I'm not on the list so please CC replies to me.