Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 2016 21:58:01 +0200
From:      Johannes Jost Meixner <johannes@perceivon.net>
To:        "freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org" <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Cc:        junovitch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Expiring the Fedora 10 ports on 2016-03-31

Fedora 10 has been EoL'd by the Fedora project on 2009-12-17 [1] and
thus has not been receiving any security updates during more than six
(!) years.

As a result of this, many of the ports that form the basis for the
Fedora 10 infrastructure are riddled with more holes than a decent
cheese, and with time passing by this isn't getting any better.

I propose that we eliminate all Fedora 10 ports on March 31st --

2016-03-31.

This because during the upcoming six weeks, those who have not managed
to migrate off Fedora 10 will probably not do so at a later date, and
because it will be a convenient date for not having it included in the
2016Q2 branch.

During previous developer summits [2] it was mentioned that apparently
some vendors depend on legacy software running off this Fedora 10.

As CentOS itself is originally based on the Fedora 12 release (albeit,
due to RHEL being around, is supported until  30 November, 2020 ),
chances are these vendors will find that their software works
flawlessly with CentOS 6.7 (as any game that I've tested during spring
2014 did).

Thanks,
- -J

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/End_of_life
[2]
https://wiki.freebsd.org/201407DevSummit/LinuxEmulation?highlight=%28leg
acy%20software%29

- --
Best regards

Johannes Meixner                  |                      Perceivon OÜ
(+372) 5855 1779                  |              http://perceivon.net