Date:      Sat, 02 Jun 2012 17:31:39 -0400
From:      animelovin@gmail.com
To:        Daniel Hagerty <hag@linnaean.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: git repositories of ports broken?

On 06/02/2012 05:27 PM, Daniel Hagerty wrote:
>      Most of the git based repositories(*) I know of for the ports
> collection all seem to stop around March 1st, 2012.  The one at
> git://git.freebsd.org/freebsd-ports stops in 1996!
>
>      Have these been desupported, or is something broken?
>
> (*)
> git://gitorious.org/freebsd/freebsd-ports.git
> git://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ports.git
> git://git.freebsd.your.org/freebsd-ports

Hi Daniel,

All i can tell you is that my amd64 based cpu/motherboard and/or power
supply suddenly past away along with my freebsd 8-STABLE box once I
replied to share a few thoughts on this list on why I would not use
FreeBSD for HAST storage and IEEE802.11 networking...

I don't know now whether this can be related to the mysterious OpenSSL
breaking, libpng stuff.. etc

Cheers,

Etienne