Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 2010 15:28:42 +0100
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@kukulies.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   rum0 acting as an Access point (belkin router) 8.0 R

I'm not sure wether syntax has changed but I wanted to cretae an wlan
acess point
and tried various things. Under 7.0 I got it working with the following
command

ifconfig rum0 inet 10.0.0.1/24 mediaopt hostap ssid CITYOFFICE  wepmode
on wepkey 0xf00baf00ba weptxkey 1 channel 1

I tried this but got a socket error "Invalid argument".

Then I tried (from an example in the rum (4) manpage):ifconfig wlan
create wlandev rum0 10.0.0.1/24 mediaopt hostap CITYOFFICE wepmode on
wepkey 0xf00baaf00baa  weptxkey 1 channel 1

and got:

wlan0
ifconfig: SIOCSIFMEDIA (media): Device not configured

But suddenly the wlan0 device is there.

Can anybody fill me in?

--
Christoph