Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:48:55 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Sodiering in the Army of the Lord <plongeur@m-net.arbornet.org>
Cc:        David Schultz <dschultz@uclink.Berkeley.EDU>, Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>, Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>, Harry Tabak <htabak@quadtelecom.com>, dever@getaclue.net, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bystander shot by a spam filter.

Sodiering in the Army of the Lord wrote:
> > Lenin was being fed only selected information by his wife, at the
> > time, information which was intentionally biased, by her, against
> > Stalin.  Most historical sources ascribe his succeptability to such
> > manipulation by his wife to his disease.  By the time Lenin died in
> > January of 1924, he had suffered four severe strokes which left him
> > partially paralyzed and unable to speak.
>
> That's just great, terry.

Forgive me if I look at the bigger picture, and, by analogy,
suggest you look at the context in which your own situation
exists.  I just thought it rather an ironic choice of quote.

If you are going to make a veiled threat by allegory, in the
future, you may wish to consider your allegory more carefully,
oh "plunger".

The grievance in the letter you quoted, wherein Lenin defends his
wife against Stalin's imprecations -- which happened to be accurate,
in the situation -- was no more real than your own grievance, which
causes you to post as you do.  Lenin had no real truth on his side
when he made his claims; but at least he could plead "diminished
capacity", in defense of his tirade, should it have come to that.

-- Terry