Date:      Fri, 24 May 2013 20:51:41 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        FreeBSD ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   how to include m4 macros stored in m4 folder of port's sources?

--=-u1OvUcDsr7vsR+EGuC/9

The sources of of port provide their own m4 macros (i.e. AX_PTHREAD,
AX_BOOST) store in ax_boost.m4 in m4 of the toplevel dir of the sources.

I have to issue USE_AUTOTOOLS=3D aclocal autoheader libtoolize libtool
autoconf automake to create the proper configure file.=20

The configure file fails with an error of a missing macro, in particular
AX_BOOST([]) which is present in the m4 folder and as far as I know, it
should be addressed with libtool.

I can not find any useful information within the porter's handbook about
this very common case of having pristine autotool environments and how
to handle them.

My question in specific is: what is the tag/sequence in the toplevel
Makefile to endure that macros stored in the m4-folder of the sources
are loaded automatically? When issuing the
aclocal-autoheader-libtoolize-autoconf-automake chain in the source
folder, everything works fine except the fact that the FreeBSD specific
environment variables are not set.

Please CC me, I do not subscribe this list.

Regards and thanks in advance,
Oliver=20

--=-u1OvUcDsr7vsR+EGuC/9

--=-u1OvUcDsr7vsR+EGuC/9--