Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 1997 23:01:16 +0200 (EET)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdhack@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IDT processors?

> > now, _that_ would be a port i'd like to see, freebsd on SGI platform.
> Depends on how fast you're able to do the port, I guess! :)

uh, people, we'd all die before _that_ day.  =)

(and i'm being _optimistic_)

> Seriously, simply calling for a port to a new platform is a waste of
> time since we've been asked, at one point or another, to port FreeBSD
> to just about every architecture on the market today and we've even
> been offered money to port to architectures like the UltraSPARC.

yeah, i know, i was rather asking around if there's someone out there
who's already doing/interested about it.

i didnt mean it to be an average "do this for me" posting, even if
it sounded that way...

> alone on this topic unless they're also willing to do the work of
> porting FreeBSD to a new architecture *and* be willing maintain it in

i'd be more than happy to help, really, but it might take a while.

what i'm saying, after there's _some_ sort of version, i hope i'm
able to offer a platform where i can run it, and giving feedback
how well it runs... with my skills, there's not much more i can
offer, unfortunatelly.

> 					Jordan

mickey