Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 1999 17:04:40 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ** HEADS UP **  Switching to GCC 2.95.2 as base compiler

I'll be pulling the switch to use GCC 2.95.2 as the base compiler in
-CURRENT on Sunday evening (Freefall time).

Those not-quite-so daring might want to hold off on your next make world.

*** NOTE *** that I have NOT changed the shared lib version for
libstc++.so (the rules disallow it).  With the number of chagnes between
EGCS 1.1.2 and GCC 2.95.2 in the C++ arena using a 2.95.2 libstdc++ with
binaries linked against a 1.1.2 libstdc++ will probably cause you
problems.  I would not be surprised if you needed to replace ever port
you've installed that was compiled by c++.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com)