Date:      Thu, 09 Apr 2009 10:45:28 -0600
From:      Jon Lybrook <jon@terabear.com>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   archives search not working + newbie question

Hi,

Maybe this is a known issue with the mailman archives for this list, but
a search results in:

"Unable to read word database file '/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/freebsd-jail/htdig/db.words.db'
Did you run htdig?"

There's also a note saying the archive has yet to be built:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-jail/

I *was* searching for the answer to a problem I'm having setting up jails
on FreeBSD 7.1. which maybe someone can help me with directly.
Much of the documentation I'm reading sounds simple enough:

	cd /usr/src
	sudo make world DESTDIR = /my/jail

But there's nothing in /usr/src, so the command results in

	make: don't know how to make world. Stop

I use portmaster to update my packages, which are up to date.

I've also found documentation for installing from the cdrom:

	cd /cdrom/7.1-RELEASE/base
	sudo sh install.sh DESTDIR=/my/jail

This gives an intimidating message of:

	You are about to extract the base distribution into / - are you SURE
	you want to do this over your installed system (y/n)

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon