Date:      Thu, 18 May 2000 11:46:35 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@hiwaay.net>
To:        Wietse Venema <wietse@porcupine.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need FreeBSD 4.0 removable SCSI support

> When I insert the Adaptec 1460B SCSI controller, the machine locks
> up after "camcontrol rescan 0", exactly like it did with FreeBSD
> 4.0-RELEASE yesterday.

Perhaps then the solution would be to keep the SCSI card in the slot
at all times, and "camcontrol rescan 0" whenever you connect and
disconnect the Jaz drive.

I've got a machine with a 1540B in it which I never turn off, but instead
I disconnect drives and reconnect them as necessary. Nifty SCSI test box,
slow as molasses...

-----
<kris@nospam.hiwaay.net>    |