Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:56:25 +1100
From:      jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
To:        Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.1-Relase Fixit Floppy strikes again =(

vallo, hello,

On Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 11:18:03PM +0200, Vallo Kallaste wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 10:46:13AM -0800, "Daniel J. Frost" <lethvian@maine.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > ./MAKEDEV wd1s1a
> > *no errors*
> > Following, I tried to mount the partition and got:
> >
> > Fixit# mount /dev/wd1s1a /mnt
> > mount: operation not permitted
> >
> > I hope I've provided enough information to be corrected. Thanks
> > -Daniel
>
> It's quite unbelivable but fixit floppy is broken for me since
> 2.2.5-RELEASE. I have tried lot of snapshot floppies, too. I don't

i've had this probelm since about v2.1.5-release, i now use the -releases i
can make the floppies from the cd sets.

> have any thoughts what's going on...maybe I'm just plain stupid. For
> now I used primarily live filesystem cd from the Walnut Creek set.

given that now the two machines i use as my freebsd "server" have scsi host
adapters that will boot from teh attached cdrom.i was wondering if this
aproach was doable and or a good one to adopt as a longterm solution.

your thoughts, experiences would be apreciated

regards

jonathan