Date:      Sat, 29 May 2004 00:46:38 -0400
From:      Don Bowman <don@sandvine.com>
To:        "'current@freebsd.org'" <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   blocking entropy device, serial console?

I must confess i find this kind of humourous...
I'd just booted the system, in single user mode.
I have just a serial console.

This message popped out when i tried to run vi /etc/fstab:
Entropy device is blocking. Dance fandango on keyboard to unblock.

catch is, i'm stuck now... the vi process is blocked
(load: 0.28  cmd: vi 167 [block] 0.00u 0.01s 0% 1256k)
i can't ^C or anything.
suggestions on what this might be?
is this normal? I've never seen this before?

I tried hitting keys on the serial for a while, but nothing
happened.

--don