Date:      Mon, 29 May 2000 19:07:01 +0200
From:      "d_f0rce" <d_f0rce@gmx.de>
To:        "Aleksandr A.Babaylov" <babolo@links.ru>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   AW: Linking Linux object files under FreeBSD

Hi,

> > Background:
> > I have to extend a programm for which I only got
> > the object Files. This programm calls functions
> > I have to write. As I don't have a Linux system
> > at home I would like to use those object-files
> > under FreeBSD to test my code.
> >
> > Is this possible?
>
> It is possible.
> I chrooted to /compat/linux for this job,
> but someone write, that using of /compat/linux/bin/bash
> as shell is enough for this work

Hmm, i tried using /compat/linux/bin/bash as shell but this
didn't work. Same error messages.

When I do a "chroot /compat/linux/ /bin/bash" I have to
install a whole developement environment under /compat/linux or
do I miss something here.

Isn't there an easier/quicker way to generate my program besides
from using Linux itself?
If no, is there a port to install a Linux cc under /compat/linux?

Thanks for your help,
Alex