Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 2002 23:34:58 -0500
From:      Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
To:        <jgrimm@jim-grimm.com>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: starting a user group

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 23:25:58 -0500
"jgrimm" <jgrimm@jim-grimm.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> 	my name is jim grimm and im a college student from pittsburgh,
> 	pa.  im a
> new user to FreeBSD, but i am learning it and will continue to learn
> it, and i was wondering how or if i would be able to start a FreeBSD
> users group in my area.  if you could give me any information on this,
> that would be great. thank you
>
>                					-grimm

Hello Jim,

My name is Tom, and I live a bit north of PGH but seem to end up
in Oakland every other weekend for some reason or another.  If
you would need any help with this, please let me know and I'll see
what I can do.

For what I know, anyone can start a user group, only real problem
is finding a place to hold it, what to talk about, things to do.

CMU has a linux user group, and I think a perl and mac group, you
may want to check them out and see how they run things.  Look in
the City Paper or Computer User for details on these 'computer
clubs'.

Best of luck,

--
Tom Rhodes