Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:10:05 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: roaming from AP POV

Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net> probably said:
> single Ethernet segment to function.  Personaly, I'm intrested in a
> distribution service (DS) that uses IPSec tunnels to communicated with a
> centralized controller because I'd really like to avoid distributing an
> ethernet segment to 5 buildings on two seperate campuses.

You might want to look at Proxim's kit, particularly Harmony.  The
Harmony base stations are small, simple, relatively cheap (for
enterprise base stations) and pass their traffic back a controller.

You can have the base stations on various networks around and the
wireless traffic tunnels back to the controller and can end up in the
same broadcast domain.

We're rolling out some of their equipment at work. Works pretty well.

  http://www.proxim.com/products/harmony/

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu