Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 2008 21:28:47 +0200
From:      herbert langhans <herbert.raimund@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RAM & Swap & Speed

Hi Daemons,
recently I had to add some more RAM on a workstation. Was 512MB before and is 2GB now, the reason was to give some graphic apps more space.

But to my surprise the workstation ran faster--but before adding RAM it did NOT make use of the swap-partition and after the big RAM chip of course not too (checked it with #top).

This was a Slackware installation. Had anyone experienced such effect on BSD as well?

Cheers
herbs

  ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against html/rtf/vCard in mail
  /\                        - against M$ attachments