Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 1996 18:35:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
Cc:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>, FreeBSD-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CPU heatsinks

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:

> >Oh, one other thing, b4 you do appply it record ALL the numbers & wordage
> >you see on the top of the chip (& bottom while your at it).  As you will
> >be helping with the SMP kernel we may want to know these for checking
> >against errata sometime in the future (you did volunteer to walk on the
> >bloody edge, didn't you?)
>
> >From what I've seen, the top only says "Intel Pentium Pro".  All the
> important information is on the bottom (stepping, speed, cache size,
> etc.).

Well, I didn't take it out of the socket, but the top had this
information:

KB80521 EX166 Q935 512K
L619006Q-0238

It was sold to me as 166MHz e/w 512K cache, which seems likely, even tho
I don't know how to decode the gobledegook I just typed.  Rod doubtlessly
does, but I'm not sure I want to know if I've been had.  Perhaps I'd be
happier not knowing 8-)

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |