Date:      Wed, 23 Nov 2005 02:20:50 +0000
From:      Joao Barros <joao.barros@gmail.com>
To:        Ben Siemon <ben.siemon@gmail.com>
Cc:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?M=E1rio_Gamito?= <lists@tuxdoit.com>, freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 6.0 and VmWare 5

On 11/22/05, Ben Siemon <ben.siemon@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was able to get it working fine after a few tries. I did have a
> problem with the process timer getting out a sync though, but that
> went away after the 2nd try.

Quoting Ed:

"Disable your APIC device, provided you're not trying to run an SMP
kernel in a virtual SMP machine. Disabling the APIC forces FreeBSD to
fall back on the old-fashioned IRQ timers. I think. Anyway, it works.
Or works around. Whatever:

In /boot/loader.conf , add:

hint.apic.0.disabled=3D1

Or, comment out the "device apic" line in your kernel config file and
rebuild, if you're one of Those People."

--
Joao Barros