Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 1995 08:31:30 +0600 (GMT+0600)
From:      "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
To:        ache@astral.msk.su (=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= aka)
Cc:        terry@cs.weber.edu, bde@zeta.org.au, hackers@freebsd.org, harry@hgac.com, jkh@violet.berkeley.edu
Subject:   Re: dial up at > 9600 baud

> The problem: initial port speed 9600, getty speed 38400 f.e.,
> port opened on carrier at 9600, modem detects it and set
> connection to 9600 too, _then_ getty change port speed to 38400
> confusing modem completely.
>
> I understand that problem solves by locking port on 38400
> initially, but it isn't nice solution, getty must able
> to open port at correct speed setted in its flags.

Cua* is assumed to be used for all outgouing calls, tty* is assumed to
be used for all incoming calls and these devices are interlocking. So
IMHO it solves the problem you pointed to in the easiest way. Or may be
I didn't understand the problem ?

		Serge Babkin

! (babkin@hq.icb.chel.su)
! Headquarter of Joint Stock Commercial Bank "Chelindbank"
! Chelyabinsk, Russia