Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 1997 22:10:52 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Bruce Albrecht <bruce@zuhause.mn.org>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trap 9 When Boot SMP

Steve Passe writes:
 > do you recall what those hardware changes were?

I had a disk drive die, so I replaced it, and I also reseated all of
the SIMMs and PCI cards.  Since then, I've also had the motherboard
replaced because one of the CPU fan flanges broke during shipping.

 > I don't see the Matrox being trouble at boot as there is no code specific
 > to that card at boot time.  The NCR code is a possibility,  what/who's BIOS
 > are you using for the NCR card?

It's an AMI Tyan Titan-Pro V3.00  10/25/96 BIOS, but this also failed
with the Award BIOS.  The NCR card uses the Symbios Logic SDMS
V4.0 PCI SCSI BIOS, PCI Rev 2.0, 2.1 PCI-4.03.02.

 > I'll add this patch to the code as some sort of "#ifdef 0" thing and document
 > it as rogue hardware.  Not much else to do until we can nail down exactly
 > what the prblem is caused by.

I don't have the time to do anything to help track this down for the
next week or so, but I'll touch base then to see what I might do to
help then.