Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 1997 12:37:05 +0000
From:      Jason Wells <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        "Jeffrey Bernt" <berntj@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd install question

At 11:11 12/12/97 PST, Jeffrey Bernt wrote:
>Hello.
>I have just a general question. I have a Pentium Pro server that I want
>freebsd to run on. the LAN Adapter, Intel 8/16 etherexpress adapter, 10
>baseT connected, won't be seen by the freebsd install script. will I
>have to download a different kernel or something? or is there a way to
>tweak the current one with the install disk? We are an educational
>institution (high school) and we would like to install over an ftp
>connection. Is there some secret that I should know about? Please let me
>know.
>Thanks.
>Jeff Bernt

During installation you must set up your computer such that there are no
conflicts and all of the hardware has correct settings.

You probably need to set your IRQ and IO ports for you ethernet card. If
this computer is still using DOS/Win then see what the settings are in DOS,
write them down, and use them during the visual configuration part of the
install.

Good luck,
Jason Wells