Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:35:31 -0400
From:      "Justin C. Sherrill" <webmaster@rochester.rr.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: How many Virtual Hosts?

> if you read past that, you would notice that warning was for the 2.2.x
> series.
> Read LINT on "maxusers" and "options NMBCLUSTERS". Those are usually
> increased
> for high volume webservers.

Is there any stated relative values for maxusers and NMBCLUSTERS,
depending on the amount of traffic to the machine?  I got hammered pretty
badly a while back on traffic, and so set the values up higher, but I'm
curious to know if there's an "optimum", especially now that my traffic
has dropped, relatively.

Justin C. Sherrill
Rochester Road Runner Webmaster
http://www.rochester.rr.com/