Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 2014 20:39:01 -0600
From:      Ian Lepore <ian@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Tom Pusateri <pusateri@bangj.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Solid-run cubox-i or hummingboard

On Mon, 2014-10-13 at 20:28 -0400, Tom Pusateri wrote:
> Does anyone have a bootable img for the solid run i.MX6 (armv7) based boards?
>
> The Hummingboard is for sale now on New Egg. It has an mSATA port ($99 model) and gigabit ethernet so it's going to be a fast little board.
>
> I see in the snapshot directories, support for Beaglebone, pandaboard, RPi, and zedboard. I assume none of these will work.

We're not yet quite to the point where a generic imx6 kernel can run on
any board using vendor-supplied fdt data, but it shouldn't be too hard
to start with the wandboard config and create dts files that describe
those boards.  The current state of imx6 support is detailed here:

 https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/arm/imx6

-- Ian