Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 00:42:15 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Michael Reifenberger <root@nihil.plaut.de>
To:        FreeBSD-Current <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Strange phenomen accessing a CDROM contents under linuxerator

Hi,
looking at directories on a mounted CDROM returns fewer files under the
linuxerator as watched under a native account.
What I did:
 I have burned my /usr/bin content on CD using mkisofs.
  (mkisofs ...-d -D -l -L -N -r -T... if this is of interest but
   I could reproduce the same effect with foreign CD's too)
 As user root:
    # mount -tcd9660 /dev/acd0c /mnt/acd
    # uname
    FreeBSD
    # ls /mnt/acd/usr/bin/ | wc -l
        425
    # su - linuser     # A user with /compat/linux/bin/tcsh as loginshell)
    # uname
    Linux
    # ls /mnt/acd/usr/bin|wc -l
         28
  ???
It seems that the entries dont miss randomly but get cut after some point.
FreeBSD is -current, Linux is linux_base and linux_devel from ports.
Kernel and (linux)module are in sync.

Anyone able to reproduce this?

Bye!
----