Date:      Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:56:09 -0000
From:      Philip Payne <Philip.Payne@uk.uu.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Updating Procedure

> I was wondering can anyone tell me the correct procedure for
> updating my
> sources to the current 4.7 source.

If you haven't already I can recommend reading the following chapter in the
Handbook

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cutting-edge.html

I'd never attempted building the source on FreeBSD or used CVSUP before
reading this chapter. It contained everything that was required. There is a
specific section on using make buildworld and the correct procedure for
rebuilding a FreeBSD machine.

Phil.