Date:      Sat, 10 May 1997 08:34:42 +0400
From:      Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil@asteroid.intermedia.ru>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trouble building libs/Apache

Hello!

I don't understand clearly where this message belongs, but most likely
it belongs here.

1. When trying to build Apache with PHP support and mySQL and Postgres95,
I can't link due to error: undefined external __GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE.
2. I've searched source tree and found the only reference to it in C++
runtime, but all PHP, Apache, mySQL and Postgres95 sources are plain C.
3. Taking libpq.a from packages (I've build mySQL from sources and Postgres95
from ports) and disabling mySQL support, I've compiled ok.
4. I didn't modified makefiles for PHP, mySQL and Postgres95. It must be
somewhere in my system, but I completely don't understand where :-(

I don't have precompiled binaries for mySQL, so I can't just use ready binaries.
And, after all, it's not a solution. I must fix it, not kludge! Can anyone
help?

Alex.