Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 00:15:45 -0500
From:      "Brad Benson" <bradley@softhome.net>
To:        "Greg Lehey" <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: outlook mail  was:(RE: Logo merchandise)

> OK, I think we can agree that any Microsoft mailer can fall prey to
> worms such as Melissa, and that most problems with Outlook are due to
> incorrect configuration.  On the other hand, it seems that Outlook
> encourages incorrect configuration.  I also think that some of its
> "features" are brain-damaged.  For more details, take a look at
> http://www.lemis.com/email/email-format.html.  In particular, if you
> can tell me how to stop Outlook from mutilating quoted text from
> web page).  What I mean is: how do you get Outlook not to mutilate the
> following text when replying?

> Greg

Like I've said, I'm not a Microsoft fan. One of the biggest reasons
for this is that they will try to bend everything to there way.
They've changed the standards to everything they've touched. Look
at PPP and IE-HTML for examples.

The only thing I can say about the wrapping problem is that by
default Outlook will insert a new line every 76 characters. This
option can be set to what ever you want. If you were to set it to
100 characters it wouldn't mess up the line, but the writer would
have to remember to hit enter every 70 or so characters so that the
mail could be read on none windows machines. I've tried this here
to see if it works.