Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:54:35 +0200
From:      Patrick Hurrelmann <outi@bytephobia.de>
To:        outi@bytephobia.de
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Experiences with 3Ware 9500-Series and 5.2 CURRENT?

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 18:55:54 +0200
Patrick Hurrelmann <outi@bytephobia.de> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> i just sold my Promsie FastTrak S150 SX4 due to missing Raid 5 support of ataraid. I really wanted to get it running with FreeBSD 5.2 CURRENT, but the wait was too long :(
> I thank Soeren Schmidt for his work and patience.
>
> Now I know want to buy a 3Ware 9500S-4LP.
>
> My desired configuration will be a Dual-Athlon on a Asus A7M266-D with 4x 120gb, 7200 rpm, 8mb cache (western digital).
>
>  - Does anybody use such a controller and in what configuration?
>  - How stable is the current twa?
>  - Do the CLI and 3DM Tools work?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Patrick

UPS just delivered by controller :)
I will install it and reinstall freebsd this evening.
I want to start with a clean 5.2.1 install. But does it already support this controller? I mean is twa included in 5.2.1?
if not, what is the best way to install freebsd with that controller?
I don't want to start with a CURRENT-snapshop, i made bad expierences with that.
Updating a clean 5.2.1 is my preferred way...

Any ideas?

Patrick Hurrelmann         | "Programming today is a race between software
Mannheim, Germany          | engineers striving to build bigger and better
outi at bytephobia.de      | to produce bigger and better idiots. So far,
www.bytephobia.de          | the Universe is winning."         - Rich Cook